We would like to show you historical footprint DMZ tour.
Past, now and the future of DMZ tour
DMZ tour is a very famous traveling course for foreign visitors in Korea. And also value of this area is getting much higher regarding to high attention for ecosystem. North Korea commercializes tour course of Pyongyang-Gaeseong-Panmunjeom(North Korean part) as tourism resources. So we can say it is a Korean representative tour course within 48 years’ history. It encourages local people’s sense of national security in the division. And for foreigners, we can show the reality of division so that we make them feel the importance of peaceful unification, freedom and peace. How long have we been able to travel in DMZ? And where are we in DMZ’s tour now?
- - 29th March 1965 launching the Panmunjeon tour for foreigners based on Seoul General Assembly of 14th PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) - About ten buses visited Panmunjeom at once
- - Korea Tourist Service entrusted authority of demo business to Daehan Travel Agency which is own subsidiary
- - 1967, UN restricted Panmunjeom tour due to North Korean provocations
- - Korea Tourist Service requested to open Panmunjeom, the Ministry of Transportation proposed to open Panmunjeom on 25th June, 1969
- - 28th February, 1970, UN officially accepted restart of Panmunjeom tour during ‘Expo70’
- - 30th April, 1970, UN allowed Panmunjeom tour 3 times in a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 35 people at once with Korean government’s agreement.
- - 1st May, 1970, officially launched Panmunjeom tour for foreigners
- - January 1980, launched Panmunjeom tour for local people
- - 1990, the Ministry of Transportation announced development of security travel belt for whole area of northern civilian control line including 5 countries - Cheorwon, Hwacheon, Yanggu, Inje, Goseong - and 8 districts according to 12 years plan.
- - July 1996, Korea Tourism Organization and the Korea Veterans Association involved in developing security travel packages for the 3rd tunnel in Paju, Dora observatory and Aegibong Peak in Gimpo. Operating foreigners’ underground tunnel tour program begun.
- - 2003, discussion DMZ ecological tour
- - 2004, discussion DMZ border line area’s peace travel belt
- - 2007, discussion PLZ(Peace & Life Zone) tourism resource
- - 2008 discussion DMZ border line area’s peace travel belt
- - 2009, discussion DMZ border line area’s peace travel belt
- - 2010, announced contest for DMZ BI (Korea Tourism Organization)
- - 2011, announced Ten Scenic Views, Ten beautiful sites (Korea Tourism Organization)
- - 2011, announced general plan of development for border line area (Ministry of Public Administration and Security)
- - 2013 Proposed DMZ World Peace Park (President Geun-hye Park)
DMZ Travel Agency co.,ltd.
December 1, 2014
December 3, 2016