[Hwacheon] Chilsung Observatory
- Address512-4, Sanyang-ri, Sangseo-Myeon, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationChilsung Observatory: (033)442-5693
- Hours of use11:00, 13:00, 15:00 (10:30, 12:30, 14:30 can be viewed after registering at the soldier information center.)
- HolidaysEvery Monday
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 2, 2016
See the land that is out of reach, North Korea, at Chilsung Observatory.
This observatory is managed by the Army of 7th Division. First built in 1991, but over 20 years of aging, it was remodeled with modern methods. It is the main observatory located in Civilian Control Line, only allowed to visit 3 times a day and taking photo is prohibited, however people continuously visit the Chilsung observatory every day, since you can see beautiful mountains of North Korea, and animals living in DMZ zone. Sometimes soldiers feed the boars that live near the area of the observatory. In order to enter, you must ask permit from Sanyang-ri soldier information center on the day.
Exhibit, Telescope, Gallery cafe, Photo zone
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.