[Cheorwon] Battle of Samgamryung
- Address2, Gwangsam-ri, Geundong-myeon, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationCheorwon County Culture & Tourism : (033)450-5151
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 2, 2016
Fierce battle of Samgamryung in Ohseung during Korean War
Samgamryung battle happened during 1952, Oct, it was a battle between the Chinese, and Korea. In Korea, we call this battle the ‘Sniper Ridge battle’. In China’s point of view, it was successive battle against the US defending the North Korea. They built caves that looked like ‘cat’s ear’ which was also called ‘underground great wall’. This cave, which is extended 250km into Korean land, was the main reason they won against the UN forces. It is said that even today, some of these cave exists and 6,000 people can fit inside. If you go to northeast part of Cheorwon, you can see the mt.Ohseung where the battle of Samgamryung took place.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.