[Dongducheon] Freedom Protection Peace Museum
- Address96-63, Pyeonghwa-ro 2910-gil, Dongducheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- InformationFreedom Protection Peace Museum : (031)860-3330
- Hours of use09:00~18:00
※ Available Entrance Time : 30 Minutes before closing time
- HolidaysEvery Monday (For Holiday, Tuesday Only), New Year’s Day, Lunar’s New Year Day, Korean Thanks Giving Day
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 2, 2016
Where We Can Remind the Meaning of Freedom and Peace Through Protection from Noble Sacrifice.
6.25 Korean War is the history which we should not forget about. The Freedom Protection Peace Museum located at beautiful Mt.Soyo in Dongducheon-City. It helps the understanding of war and worshiped for sacrificing people who lost during the war and allied with UN that has almost forgotten for 60 years after the war. In the museum, you can find the exhibition which related to ‘21 participated countries and UN’s action state’, relics, and information.
Aside from that, they displayed canon, reconnaissance plane, jet, and etc at outside of museum. At the indoor museum, visitors can look around chronological facts expressed on 12 ceramics of the 8.15 independent to 6.25 Korean War. In the video room, you can watch the video clips about 6.25 Korean War, Incheon Landing Operation,and Prisoner of War Camp. As you can see, this museum is very meaningful security travel place to remind us and let us keep in our mind to precious of freedom and peace which we can enjoy it very well nowadays.
Dongducheon City, Freedom Protection Peace Museum, Korea Tourism Department.
Facilities for the disabled
Wheelchair Rental, Toilet for the handicapped, Parking area for the handicapped, Elevator, Wheelchair Lift
• Outdoor Museum
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.