[Cheorwon] Seungri Observatory
- Address2 Gwangshim-ri, Geundong-myeon, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationSeungri observatory : (033)450-5900
- Hours of use• Seungri observatory tour departure time- Nov~Feb 09:30, 10:30, 11:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30(6 times a day)
- Mar~Oct 09:30, 10:30, 11:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30, 16:30(7 times a day)
※ we do not operate shuttle bus.
- HolidaysEvery Tuesday , January 1, Children’s day, Chinese new year’s and thanks giving day
Seungri observatory is known as a good place to observe the North Korean state, especially among the many observatory located near the DMZ. Position of victory observatory is perched on the center of the Military Demarcation Line up in Cheorwon district geunnammyeon Prefecture 248Km. in this area, you can see mt.daeseung, mt.jeokgeun, samcheon hills, and the fierce battle field during the Korean war, mt.ohseung, geumseung, and some of north Korean lands. Also, the railroad hiding under the mt.geumgang cleary comes to the eye. Victory observatory cannot be viewed personally, after submitting form to mahyeon-ri victory observatory office; you may enter only with a guide at a certain given time.
Cheorwon county, Korean Tourism Organization
• Tour Course
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.