[Yanggu] The 4th Tunnel
- Address233-4, Ihyeon-ri, HaeAn-myeon, Yanggu-gun, Gangwon-do
- Information• Yanggu County Economy & Tourism Department : (033)480-2251
• Yanggu Unification Hall : (033)480-2674
- Hours of useEntrance request available until 16:00
- HolidaysClosed every Monday
The 4th Tunnel was discovered on March 3, 1990. It is located 1,200m from the Military Demarcation Line in the demilitarized zone of South Korea. This is the only tunnel to be discovered that provides full access to tour groups. Educational instruction is given in the square outside the tunnel. Around the entrance, there are many safety centers and monuments including military equipments. Among them all, the most noticeable is the statue of the military dog, ‘Hunt’. Hunt is an investigatory dog that died during the process of exploring the 4h tunnel. It saved the life of a squad, in which it stepped on a North Korean mine. There are no ranks for military dogs, but Hunt was declared as a lieutenant by his death. The safety education center has a theatre and exhibition hall with a capacity of 200 people. Plus, the 3D projector featuring the North Korean tour sites enables easier understanding of North Korea.
[Package Tickets](Tour of Eulji Observatory, 4th cave, and War Memorial Museum)
- Security Tour (Eulji Observatory, 4th cave, and War Memorial Museum) Entrance request could be done at the Yanggu Unification Hall until 16:00
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.