[Cheorwon] The 2nd Tunnel
- AddressGwangsam-ri , Cheorwon-eup, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationCheorwon district office: (033)450-5558~9
- Hours of use• Every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
• If individually, (Private car or shuttle bus)
- Winter season, (Nov~Feb) : 09:30, 10:30, 13:00, 14:00(4 times a day)
- Summer season(Mar~Oct) : 09:30, 10:30, 13:00, 14:30(4 times a day)
• If with group,(25 seater bus)
- Winter season(Nov~Feb) : 09:30~14:00 can enter separately
- Summer season(Mar~Oct) : 09:30~14:30 can enter separately
- Drivers and guides are demanded to have knowledge of the place before giving a tour
- HolidaysEvery Tuesday, January 1, Children’s day, Lunar New Year, Korean Thanksgiving day
Staggered meeting of the North and South, The Second Tunnel
Cheorwon second tunnel reaches 1,100m, 3,500m total length of our side at 2,400m, the Military Demarcation Line to the Military Demarcation Line in the North as a tunnel for the North Korean invasion. Army sentry doubt that this tunnel was heard ringing in binge drinking in the land of the boundary work confirmed the presence of a tunnel with a modern mobilized drilling equipment. Army sentry heard an explosion underground, and then they found the tunnel using drilling equipment. After days of die-hard drilling work, at the end of March 19, 1975, they found the underground tunnel. The second tunnel has a height of 2 meters and can transport up to 30,000 army at a time. Today, the second tunnel is developed as a security tourist site.
Cheorwon county, Korea Tourism Organization
Battlefield tourism establishments of The Iron Triangle homepage (http://hantan.cwg.go.kr)
Cheorwon peace observatory, Monorail car, Cheorwon crane exhibit
Battlefield of The Iron Triangle Security tour course
• Course starting from Goseok Pavilion
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.