[Cheorwon] Bokgyesan Mountain Maewoldae Falls
- Address1 Jamgok-ri, Geunnam-myeon, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationCheorwon-gun Culture & Tourism : (033)450-5151
- HolidaysOpen all year around
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 2, 2016
Where the hearth-throbbing loyalty of Kim SiSeup, one of the ‘six officials’, is at rest
Maewoldae refers to a sharp cliff above 595m altitude of Bokgyesan Mountainin Geunnam-myeon, Cheorwon-gun. The name ‘Maewoldae’ has its origin from the known name of Kim SiSeup, one of the six officials’. In the early years of Joseon, Prince Suyang overthrew King Danjong- his nephew- and took the throne to himself. Kim SiSeup raged to this and deserted his place of a government official. It is said that he lurked here for a while after wandering.
When you take the east direction from the peak of Maewoldae, you can find the cool water of Maewoldae Falls. As if it proves the long time of existence of the falls, green moss is covering the huge rocks where the water touches. Maewoldae Falls is the filming site of the dramas ‘Lim Ggeokjeong’ and ‘Deok-i’, and it is also popular as a tour spot of Cheorwon together with ‘Sambuyeon Falls’ and ‘Jiktang Falls’.
Cheorwon County, Korea Tourism Organization
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.