[Ongjin] Baengnyeongdo Island Sagot Beach
- Address413-2 Jinchon-ri, Baengnyeong-myeon, Ongjin-gun, Incheon City
- InformationBaengnyeong-myeon Office : (032)899-3510
- HolidaysOpen all year around
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 2, 2016
One of the exclusive two natural airfields- a unique experience of walking on a beach with no footprints left
Think of a common beach that we know of. You would imagine the waves coming in and out at the shore, wide field of sand, and the footprints stamped when we walk on the sand. But this typical image of footprints does not match the unique characteristic of Sagot Beach in Baengnyeongdo Island, a Natural Monument no.391. Not a single footprint, and it’s hard to see a tire mark even if a car goes by the shore. This phenomenon is caused by the special landscape that has hardened over the years.
The Sagot Beach, formed of hardened quartz, was used as a temporary landing strip during the Korean War- which proved its function as an exclusive natural airfield with Napoli of Italy. Sagot Beach is also called as ‘Sagot Sabin’. Sabin(沙濱) refers to a landscape where sand is accumulated flat and wide. At present time, Sagot Beach is only used for swimming purposes. It is loved as a popular attraction of Baengnyeongdo Island together with Kongdol Beach, Dumujin, Yeonbong Rock, and more.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.