[Hwacheon] Bungeoseom Island
- AddressHa 1-ri, Hwacheon-eup, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationHwacheon tourism office : (033)440-2732
- HolidaysOpen all year around
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
A hill that suddenly became an island, also turning into a precise tourism site in Hwacheon-gun
The Chuncheon Dam was constructed in 1965. From the dam, there formed an island that didn’t exist before in the northern waters of the Bukhangang River in the middle of Hwacheon River. As the newly formed body of water continued towards Hwacheon’s Lake Paro, this created an island. As the waters filled, this gathered many crucian carps. As the fish gathered, this drew many fishers toward the island and the new name Bunguh(Crucian carp) Island was given. Due to the frequent entrance of people, a bridge following many other convenient and recreational facilities was made. This made the island a ideal recreation area.
Bungeoseom Island has become the mainstream for events and festivals for the Hwacheon area. There are many water related festivals because Hwacheon is known as the ‘Water County’. Every summer, they hold a paper boat festival along with a Trout festival 10 minutes away. The entire island is surrounded with a forest where many TV shows and movies have been filmed. A well paved hiking route and many sports facilities are available to the public. Although not intentionally created, Bungeoseom Island is a tourism sight where Hwacheon cannot deny.
Soccer field, Tennis courts, Volleyball court, multi-purpose hiking routes, water fountains and many recreational facilities.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.