[Cheorwon] Pochungsa Temple · The Monument of Admiral Gim Eungha
- AddressSan 1-1, Hwaji-ri, Cheorwon-eup, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationCulture & Tourism Departmet of Cheorwon County : (033) 450-5151
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
Gratitude and respect for Admiral Gim Eungha’s allegiance
Pochungsa Temple is a shrine for Admiral Gim Eungha. He went to war with about 3,000 troops, fought against more than 60,000 Jurchen soldiers, and died in battle at the age of 40. Thus, the shrine was established in the seventh year of King Hyeonjong of the Joseon Dynasty(1666). The shrine in honor of his loyalty and distinguished military service was named Pochungsa. Originally, Pochungsa Temple was located in Yeokchon-dong, Hwajeong-ri, Cheorwon-eup. However, it was destroyed due to the Korean War and belonged to the military control area, so it was rebuilt in its current location in 1990. The monumentof Admiral Gim Eungha in Pochungsa Temple was built in the ninth year of King Sukjong(1683). There is the granitic monument engraved with his biography and achievements as well as the writing of Song Siyeol, who was the first vicepremier, handwriting of Park Taeung who Saheonbujipyeong, and Jeonseojaeja of Kim Suhang who was a prime minister of the Joseon Dynasty.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.