[Yeoncheon] Tomb of Misu Heo Mok
- AddressThe area of San 90, Gangseo-ri, Wangjing-myeon, Yeoncheon-gun, Gyeonggi-do
- InformationPrehistory Management Office of Yeoncheon-gun : (031) 839-2561
- Hours of useAlways open
- HolidaysOpen all year around
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
The master of handwriting inthe East, to celebrate Misu Heomok’s study and thought
Misu Heo Mok was the great scholar of the middle of the Joseon Dynasty. He created the unique handwriting, Gojeonpalbunchae, and it is evaluated as a revolutionary achievement in the history of Korean calligraphy, and it affected Chusachae later. He was one of the key figures of the Namin faction that was famous for a Yeosong argument with Song Siyeol, who was another famous scholar at that time. After crossing Gangseo 5gyo bridge above Anwolcheon Stream and going straight up 300 meters to the north, you can reach the tomb at an altitude of 100 meters on the left at this location.
There was Eungeodang, where he had lived at that time, 500 meters from the tomb. Eungeodang had a garden named Sipcheongwon having 10 kinds of evergreens and Goeseokwon with fantastic shaped stones. However, it was completely destroyed by the Korean War. You can see what it was only through Sipcheongwondo by Heo Ryun. In his tomb, there are many polished stones done with a delicate touch.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.