[Yangju] Daemosanseong Fortress in Yangju
- AddressThe area of Eodun-dong and Bangsang-ri, Baekseok-eup of Yangju-si, Gyeongki-do
- InformationCulture & Tourism Department of Yangju City : (031) 8082-5673
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
A rampart style of the Three Kingdoms of Korea and mountain fortress with historical value, revealing many metal artifacts
Daemosanseong fortress in Yangju was located in an important central traffic point between the Imjin River and Han River. The year of construction is estimated as the early 700s during the Three Kingdoms Period. Some parts are crumbling, but all the amenities maintain the appearance of the time of construction, so it has important academic value to allow study of the characteristics, construction technologies and conditions of its location.
It has had seven times of excavation investigation from 1980 to 1998, so, earthenware, a piece of roof tile and metal were excavated. In particular, the metals are of outstanding quality and quantity among the relics of the United Silla, and it indicates that the status of Daemosanseong fortress was very high at that time. Stone masons of the Three Kingdoms Period climbed up Daemosan Mountain repeatedly to build this castle. Even though they are gone, their hard work remains as a valuable part of history.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.