[January] Icefish Festival in Inje
- placeInje Bridge, Nam-myeon, Inje-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationCultural Foundation of Inje : (033)460-8971
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 7, 2016
The snowy winter festival with leisure sports and silver smelts
Soyangho Lake in Nam-myeon, Inje-gun is the clean lake where crystal-clear water from the valley of Seoraksan Mountain joins to Naerin stream flowing along Bangtaesan Mountain. During the winter, flocks of silvery smelts come to spawn under the frozen river, measuring nearly 3 million square meters. Icefish Festival in Inje is representative to do various cultural experiences on ice with a clear smelt and the beautiful scenery of Naeseorak.
It opens some events with a smelt motif, like a fishing contest and a smelt tasting, and leisure sports game, such as a bowling on ice, a nationwide soccer game on ice and a competition of biking on the snowy mountain. In addition, there are experience events with ice and snow as theme, like sledding in the snow and exhibitions of sculptures of snow and igloo. Moreover, seasonal customs and traditional folk games attract tourists to show joys and sorrows of people who lived in mountain village and submerged district.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.