[August] Marsh Snail Festival of Shiri Village in Cheorwon
- placeMulti-purpose Village Hall, Haksa1-ri, 633-17, Gimhwa-ro, Gimhwa-eup, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationMarsh Snail Festival Promotion Committee : (033)450-5724
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 7, 2016
Marsh Snail Festival in Shiri Village, it is a healing festival to wish for peace
A fish, Shiri that is Coreoleuciscus splendidus, is well known for the Korean movie, Shiri. Shiri Village is in Gimhwa-eup of Cheorwon-gun closed to North Korea. Hwagang River across this village is located near the DMZ, so this unspoilt nature is a home for migratory birds. Also, it is a habitat for Korean native freshwater fish, for example, a Shiri, a Korean Bitterling and a marsh snail. Shiri Village is the place to show the pain of a divided country, but so there are wishes for peaceful reunification heartily. There are places to relax, such as the Shiri park and a promenade, and facilities, like a paddling pool, stepping stones and campground.
Marsh Snail Festival opens on August, and it makes people who live in a city about their nostalgic childhood in the rural area. It has the interesting programs, such as catching a golden marsh snail, guessing the weight of marsh snail, and making a fossil. Let’s go to this festival to spend an exciting summer vacation with a family.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.