[May] Gomchwi Festival in Yanggu
- placePallang Falls, Pallang-ri, Dong-myeon, Yanggu-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationYangu-gun Festival Committee : (033)480-2229, 2230
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedMay 8, 2018
The fragrant May festival with an aromatic and fresh spring herb, Gomchwi
Pallang Falls of Yanggu-gun is full of sweetly scented Gomchwi on May. On a drowsy spring day, flavorful spring herbs can stimulate your appetite. Gomchwi is an aromatic spring herb that you eat young leaves, and it is good for health. In the oriental medicine, its roots are used to make medicine, so you can eat it raw, or blanch it slightly and season it to eat. Yanggu that is the major producer of Gomchwi and is famous for Daeamsan Mountain Gomchwi. It holds the festival at the shipping date. You can taste various food made of Gomchwi, such as pancakes, glutinous rice cakes, salted Gomchwi, and pickled Gomchwi in the festival. There are various experience programs, for example, hitting a rice-cake mallet, fishing with bare hands, making a white clay pottery, making salted Gomchwi and woodcraft.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.