[January] Sancheoneo Festival in Hwacheon
- placeHwacheon-cheon , Sineup-lee, Hwacheon-eup, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationTravel guide : 1688-3005
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 7, 2016
Experience of fishing a trout in Sancheoneo Ice Festival of Hwacheon
In winter, the whole world is covered with snow and ice. Sancheoneo Ice Festival of Hwacheon that is famous for one of the top four winter festivals in the world opens on January. It was selected as the representative festival in 2014, and more than 100 million people visited for six years. In the coldest month, January, Hwacheon Stream where the thickest ice is first observed in Korea every year, people enjoy fishing a trout swimming in the crystal-clear water under the more than 40cm thick ice.
It is a just magnificent sight that numerous people enjoy fishing in Hawcheon Stream. You can enjoy ice fishing a trout that is easy to learn for everyone and catching a fish with one’s bare hands. There is a place for ice sledding, and It is perfect for a family vacation.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.