[Dongducheon] Soyosan Mountain
- Address2910, Pyeonghwa-ro, Dongducheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- InformationSoyosan Tourism Center: (031)860-2065
- Hours of use08:00~18:00
- HolidaysOpen all year around
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
A famous metropolitan maple site where the Buddhist priest Wonhyo and Princess Yoseok’s heartbreaking tale.
Although small at size, Soyosan Mountain has many interesting siteseeing locations. Instead of having grandeur and majestic peaks, it is consist of sharp-shaped rocky peaks that provide a unique view. During the spring, Soyosan Mountain blossoms with many different types of Azaleas and especially in the fall, the place is most famous for its maple sighting which is compared as a gorgeous sightseeing of blossoms. The mountain earned its famous reputation for it is the place where Buddhist priest Wonhyo obtained dao(tao) through training, and popular tourism sites such as Jajae Stone, Wonhyo waterfall are visited daily by metropolitan tourists.
Also, there are ruins such as Princess Yoseok’s marking which tells the heartbreaking story of the Buddhist monk Wonhyo and Princess Yoseok and Chosun Taejo’s(First King) marking.
After being selected as a public tourism site in 1977, there are many restaurants that serve savory foods such as wild herbs, ddukgalbi, chogyetang and others after a good hike from the mountains. Since 2009, they have installed an outdoor swimming pool for large families and camping groups along with wide and convenient parking area for visitors.
Dongducheon City, Korea Tourism Organization
Facilities for the disabled
Restrooms, Parking, and Wheelchair rentals for the disabled
Outdoor pool and concert stand
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.