[Goseong] Castle of Hwajinpo (Kim Ilseong Villa)
- Address280, Hwapo-gil, Geojin-eup, Goseong-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationOffice : (033)680-3469
- Hours of use• March ~ October : 09:00~17:20
• November ~ February : 09:00~16:50
- HolidaysOpen all year round
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 2, 2016
Kim Ilseong’s villa standing on the mountain foot near the beach where the scenery of Hwajinpo spreads
The castle of Hwajinpo or the ‘Kim Ilseong Villa’ was initially used by Sherwood Horn, a foreign missionary, as a chapel. This building, located in a spot of great view, was used by Kim Ilseong from 1948 to 1950. There still remains a picture of Kim Ilseong, 6 years old then, and the son of Admiral Rebezef of Soviet Union holding each other by the shoulders. The castle is a stone construction of 2 upper floors and an underground floor, quite gaudy at that time. The present look of the castle is a recovered site as of March 2005 from the damage due to the Korean War. Inside, materials about the Korean War and North Korea are displayed.
The castle of Hwajinpo is located on a hill where you can see the East Sea. Especially famous site is a rock island called ‘Geumgu Island’. Geumgu Island is about 300m away from the Hwajinpo Beach, and it grows a bamboo forest. In autumn, the forest turns yellow, and the whole island looks golden. You can enjoy swimming and collecting seaweeds or abalones in summer. Near the Castle of Hwajinpo, there are more villas like the Lee Seungman Villa and Lee Gibung Villa, where you can visit at once.
Facilities for visitors with disabilities
Private toilet, parking lot, wheelchair rental service
There is no public transportation going to the Hwajinpo History Security Center. The distance between the bus station and the center is about 20 minutes of walking (1.7 km).
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.