[Hwacheon] Paroho Lake
- Address62-1 Guman-ri, Gandong-myeon, Hwacheon-gun ,Gangwon-do
- InformationHwacheon County Office, Tourism Policy Department : (033)440-2732
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 2, 2016
The sea in the mountain with deep blue gentle waves
Hwacheon Dam that was built in 1944 created the artificial lake, Paroho called ‘the sea in the mountain’. The former name of Paroho was Daebungho. It was the reason why it looked like an imaginary animal, a phoenix flying with outspread wings in the distance. After Korean independence from Japan, Paroho Lake belonged to North Korea, but South Korea got it back at the Korean War. So, the first president, Lee Seungman visited to Hwacheon and gave a new name ‘Paro’ having a meaning of defeat the enemy. It is recommended to take a cruise ship, Mulbitnuriho, from Paroho dock through Bisugumi to Peace Dam to see more Paroho Lake. It takes an hour and a half to admire the beautiful scenery in the blue lake.
It is also famous for the winter scenery that is the silvery mist in the early morning. It looks mysterious to suddenly disappear into the sunshine. Let’s go up to the Paroho observatory located in a gentle hill in back of Unification Security Exhibition Hall to look down the whole lake.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.