- AddressYongdam-ri, Sanae-myeon, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationHwacheon County Office, Tourism Policy Department : (033)440-2732
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 2, 2016
Gogungugok shows off the best beauty with different nine sceneries
Gogungugok is the valley from Hwacheon-gun Sanae-myeon Yongdam-ri to Samil-ri. At the late Joseon Dynasty, according to Gogungi by Kim Sujeung who was a scholar in the court, it is said that this place is called Satan in ‘Sinjeungdongkukyeojiseungram’, but I changed to the new name, ‘Gogun' in Korean.” Dasan Jung Yakyong said that its beauty was the beauty of moderation.
Gogungugok has nine meanings, such as Banghwagye(spring: the season of flowers in full bloom everywhere), Cheongokhyup(crystal clear water is like an aquamarine in the canyon), Sinnyeohyup(the canyon of a female believer), Baegundam(a pond like the white cloud), Myungokrwe(the sound of rapids like a big jade coming to pieces), Waryongdam(the pond of Waryong), Myeongwolgye(the valley of the bright moon), Yunguiyeon(the deep water to praise the virtue) and Cheopseokdae(many layers of rocks). While traveling, you can check up the location to see indicators from the first Banghwagye from the ninth Cheopseokdae. You enjoy various sights, such as the small falls in summer and pieces of snowy ice on the stream in winter.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.