[Cheorwon] Water Tower of The Water Department Site in Cheorwon
- Address409, Sayo-ri, Cheorwon-eup, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationCulture & Tourism Department of Cheorwon County : (033) 450-5151
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
The first water supply facilities in Gangwon-do with the tragedy of the Korean War
The Department of Water was the first water supply facility in Gangwon-do. During the Japanese occupation, it consisted of the water tank and the office to provide water to residents of Cheorwon town, and four waterworks remain in the same place as the time of construction. At that time, there were great water supply facilities to supply water to about 2,500 people in 500 households, and the available amount of water to supply for a day was 1,500 cubic meters.
However, it was impossible to avoid the pain of the Korean War. The South Korean Army advanced north, and the Communists retreated and brought patriotic anti-communists, who were detained in the Labor Party Office and Ministry of Public Security, to this place. Moreover, about 300 anti-communists were shot to death or buried alive in an6m depth underground water storage tank. Now, it justlooks like the wreckage of a concrete building on the field, but it is theplace of tragedy of the Korean War. It was designated as the No.160 Registered Cultural Property.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.