[Cheorwon] Agricultural Products Inspection Center in Cheorwon
- Address620-3, Oechon-ri, Cheorwon-eup, Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationCulture & Tourism Department of Cheorwon County : (033) 450-5151
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
The Agricultural Products Inspection of the Japanese occupation has the characteristics of Korean modern architecture
Agricultural Products Inspection of Cheorwon was a public institute to check the quality of agricultural products of Cheorwon in 1936. Originally, its name was Grain Inspection Station, Cheorwon Branch Office, gathering abundant agricultural products from Cheorwon Plains, which were the famous breadbasket. But, it had been operated under the Japanese occupation, and grains were exploited as “tax-in-kind”. After the independence, it was much worse. Under the rule of the communists, it became a Public Prosecutors’ Office for the communists to hunt down and arrest the rebellious and exploit people.
It was designated as the No. 25 Registered Cultural Property because it has the characteristics of modern architecture although it is not large in area. It is the only building that remains intact among the relics of the Cheorwon urban district. It is a good historical resource because of the thick wall, long window and pitched roof with tiles even though the inside was mostly damaged.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.