[Yanggu] Center of Korea Observatory
- Address127, Guktojeongjungang-ro, Nam-myeon, Yanggu-gun, Gangwon-do
- InformationThe Center of Korea Observatory: (033) 480-2586
- Hours of use- March-August15:00-23:00
- HolidaysClosed Monday (Closed Tuesday if Monday is holiday)
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
Sky is seen from the center of the land with the mysteries of universe
The Center of Korea Observatory in the area of San 48-beonji, Dochon-ro, Nan-myeon, Yanggu-gun, Gangwon-do is the place to look up at the sky in the geographical center of Korea. It is easy for children and those with disabilities because the height of the main telescope, which is a 80cm reflecting telescope, is fixed to observe. In addition, there is a digital planetarium to show the virtual night sky with the majestic sound of channel 5.1 and you can lie down comfortably, as well as the exhibition hall and the theater to show the interesting astronomy from the earth to the solar system and the universe. You can enjoy a sculpture on the point of the geographic center of the Korean Peninsula with the beautiful lighting on the lawn in front of observatory.
Yanggu County, Korea Tourism Organization
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.